Amitabh Bachchan, Dilip Kumar receive Maharashtrian honour in Mumbai



Amitabh Bachchan has been honoured with the Maharashtrian of the Year award and Dilip Kumar with the Lifetime Achievement award

Megastar Amitabh Bachchan has been conferred the Maanbindu – Maharashtrian of the Year award by Marathi newspaper Lokmat. He was honoured by President Pratibha Patil in Mumbai. In his fabulous and long career, Bachchan has been honoured many times with several awards. But, according to him, the Maanbindu award is different. Bachchan tweeted, “Today among all the thoughts another award and that’s The Maharashtrian of the Year, the Maanbindu for me has been given by the President of India.” It seems that this award has left Big B very nostalgic. He said in his speech at the function that he tried to learn Marathi and soon he will be able to speak and write the language fluently.
At the same event, another Bollywood legend, veteran Dilip Kumar was also awarded – with the Lifetime Achievement Award. “Dilip Saheb, Dilip Kumar gets one too for his life achievements, and there are many other prominent Maharashtrian achievers in the field of Science, Literature, Social Service, Art, Politics that get rewarded,” Bachchan wrote. Both celebrities were awarded a trophy and Rs. five lakh each for their contribution to the world of cinema and entertainment. The grand function was presided over by Governor of Maharashtra, K Sankaranarayanan.
Amitabh Bachchan credited the city of Mumbai for giving him name and recognition. “I have spent 3/4ths of my life in this city – 42 years! And all that I have received in life apart from my parents and my education have come to me from this golden land,” he wrote. “Name, fame, honour, recognition, home and family, children and children of children, everything indebted to the city and state for making me whatever I am today! My obeisance to this great city and its people, for giving me all that I have with me today,” he posted.
With inputs from agencies

No comments:

Post a Comment